Private Lessons by Appointment
Ready to learn a new skill, or stuck on a project? Do you learn better on your own or have a small group that wants to take a class together? I am available for private lessons on Zoom and in the Oakland area, and we can meet just once or on a regular basis. Topics can include, but are not limited to:
- Beginning knitting, crochet, spinning, needle felting, embroidery
- Starting your first sweater, hat, gloves, or socks
- Getting unstuck on a project
- Seaming and other finishing techniques
- Introduction to cables, lace, or colorwork
- Altering a pattern for size, fit, or gauge
- Fixing mistakes and learning how to avoid them next time
Please email me at kirakdesignsATgmailDOTcom if you have questions in advance, or sign up below and I will email you to schedule an appointment.
For in-person lessons, I live in East Oakland and travel to various parts of Oakland, Berkeley, and Alameda on a regular basis so likely can make a house call or we can meet in a local park. I prefer one-hour minimums for in-person lessons but may be able to do a half-hour lesson if I have something else scheduled nearby. Most of my lessons are one hour, but some people prefer two hours and if you are learning a brand new craft, either a longer session or two lessons within a week of each other can be helpful
I have been vaccinated and boosted for Covid-19 and on request can wear a face mask during lessons.